We are currently seeking a qualified, full-time, clinical therapist!
Foundation House, an extended care, sober-living program incorporating 12-Step, Holistic, Athletic, Art, Music, LADC, and Wilderness Therapy, seeks a full-time Clinical Therapist for its Portland, ME location. The Clinical Therapist will provide counseling, case management and support to a caseload assigned by the Clinical Director and or CEO. This position is integral to the foundation of recovery we offer each Resident, which is based upon the supportive culture and excellent quality of their home and experience therein—hence our name, FOUNDATION HOUSE. We believe that creating, maintaining, and teaching an environment of excellence in the residences has a fundamentally positive impact on resident success in early recovery.
Responsibilities (include but not limited to)
Provide counseling, case management and support to a caseload assigned by the Clinical Director/CEO.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Facilitate and participate in Foundation House’s Tradecraft12 IOP programming.
- Create and facilitate intake plans for new clients.
- Complete intake and all associated paperwork on incoming clients and report any concerns or anticipated needs to staff.
- Provide individual and group counseling to assigned caseload.
- Responsible for ongoing communication and outreach to assigned clients’ family/guardians, referring therapists and educational consultants.
- Complete daily documentation of individual/group sessions, family contact, educational consultant/primary treatment.
- Provide guidance regarding sober living, school, work, volunteering, sponsor/AA meetings, family relationships and probation/legal issues.
- Hold clients accountable to Foundation House rules and expectations.
- Assist with weekly client house clean.
- Spend time in residences with clients to develop relationships and awareness of all clients’ needs and issues.
- Work through transitional planning with clients well in advance of intended discharge date and complete discharge summaries after clients leave Foundation House.
- Arrange and facilitate meetings with family or educational consultants when requested.
- Attend regular team meetings, supervision meetings, roster review and all other assigned meetings.
- Cover groups for other staff and provide off-hours support when needed.
- Provide on-call coverage as assigned by the Clinical Director.
- Others duties as assigned by the Clinical Director and/or CEO.