Reports To: Clinical Director
Foundation House is a behavioral health and substance abuse treatment program designed for men providing coordinated and comprehensive clinical care in Portland, Maine. Combining evidence-based therapeutic practices, innovative programming, serene surroundings, and a nurturing environment, we offer an unmatched treatment journey bridging residential-to-independent living. Led by our triple-board certified Psychiatrist and Medical Director, our Primary Therapists are an integral part of our clinical and psychiatric team; utilizing the latest therapeutic modalities and practices to provide individual, group, and family therapy to our clients and their loved ones.
Responsibilities (include but not limited to)
The Primary Therapist will have the ability to be flexible in their ability to provide therapy, case management and support to a caseload as assigned by the Clinical Director/CEO.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Facilitate and participate in Foundation House’s PHP/IOP programming using evidenced based practices, including an Attachment Based theoretical framework.
- Create and facilitate assessments and treatment plans for admitting clients.
- Provide individual and group therapy.
- Provide family support and facilitation of family support Zoom calls.
- Maintain continuous, professional communication with referents to be in the best interest of the client and organization
- Complete daily documentation of individual/group sessions, family contact, educational consultant/primary treatment contact, case management activities
- Provide guidance regarding sober living, school, work, volunteering, sponsor/AA meetings, family relationships, probation/legal issues, etc.
- Hold clients accountable to Foundation House rules and expectations.
- Assist with weekly client house clean and model appropriate hygiene and ADLs.
- Spend time in residences with clients to develop relationships and awareness of clients’ needs and issues.
- Create transitional plans with clients in advance of intended discharge date and complete discharge summaries after clients leave Foundation House.
- Attend regular team meetings, supervision meetings, clinical team meetings, tours with stakeholders, and all other assigned meetings.
- Provide coverage for staff members and provide off-hours support when needed.
- Provide on-call coverage on rotation as assigned by the Clinical Director.
- Other duties as assigned by the Clinical Director and/or CEO.