Our exceptional clinical team at Foundation House expertly combines evidence-based therapies with each client’s particular needs under the direction of our triple-board-certified psychiatrist and medical director, as well as our fully licensed master’s-level clinicians. Our goal is to address your core issues and guide you towards a meaningful life.
Our focus extends beyond merely managing symptoms. We delve deeper, targeting the root causes of mental health, behavioral, or trauma-related issues that have led to disruptive behaviors or substance use disorders. Our blend of individualized clinical therapy, life skills training, and enriching experiences aims to reorient the brain’s reward system, foster resilience, build healthy relationships, and instill belief in the value of recovery.
Tailored Clinical Therapy
We believe in the power of personalized care. Our team of certified therapists, clinical psychologists, psychiatrists, and psychiatric nurse practitioners starts each client on a therapy program that is especially suited to their needs. After a thorough psychiatric evaluation and biopsychosocial assessment, we pair each client with the most suitable therapist to meet their individual needs.
Growth and Independence
We believe in the power of growth, independence, and self-confidence as the cornerstones for lifelong recovery and well-being. The challenges, successes, and growth experienced during treatment are the foundation of a sustained, independent life. We place a high emphasis on practical life skills training, incorporating real-world experiences and responsibilities designed to cultivate the skills necessary to thrive beyond our care. We integrate various evidence-based therapies to promote self-awareness, empathy, and emotional regulation, enabling clients to face life’s ups and downs with strength and poise.
Integrated Treatment Model
Foundation House opens its doors to individuals grappling with a variety of mental health and substance use disorders. Our integrated treatment model combines clinically validated modalities for mental and behavioral health treatment with substance abuse treatment. This comprehensive approach also incorporates 12-step education, family therapy, relationship building, and mindfulness-based practices. Our seasoned clinical team is adept at handling complex addictions and co-occurring disorders, ensuring seamless transitions throughout all the stages and levels of our care.
Our evidence-based approaches to care:
- Medical and Psychiatric Services
- Family Therapy and Support
- 12-Step Education
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Art and Music Therapy
- Attachment-Based Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Emotional Regulation
- Experiential Therapy
- Motivational Interviewing
- Relational Therapy
- Solution-Focused Therapy (SFT)
What We Treat
The core mental and behavioral health conditions we support.
- Substance Use Disorder
- Anxiety Disorders
- Executive Functioning
- Failure to Launch
- Relationship Skills
- Behavioral Issues
- Mood Disorders
- Technology Addiction
- Grief and Loss
Our Approach to Relapse
Success in recovery is a personal journey.
Relapse conversations should start early, not after the fact. Our approach clarifies what to expect if relapse occurs during treatment, emphasizing that success often includes overcoming setbacks.
Discharging a client is a decision rooted in the best interests of the individual and our community, always prioritizing safety and well-being. Discharged clients are escorted to our clinical building for 24/7 supervision while next steps are determined.
Several options are available, depending on the situation:
- Wilderness Intervention Program: If suitable medically and clinically, a discharged client may join our Wilderness Intervention Program at our Foxhole Ranch in Bethel, Maine, with the possibility of returning to Foundation House. This three-day wilderness excursion includes 24/7 supervision, therapeutic tasks, individual therapy, and the formulation of a new treatment plan before potential readmission.
- Higher Level of Care: If a higher care level is required, our clinical staff collaborates with our extensive network of primary care providers, detox facilities, and specialists to coordinate a referral, secure admission, and arrange a transition to a more suitable care level.
- Safe Return Home: If the client and his family opt against further treatment, we facilitate a safe journey home, providing transport and professional companion services as needed, ensuring guidance and support throughout.